Help-U Debt Counsellors & Administrators - Services offered
The Services offered by the company have expanded greatly since 2007. While debt counselling remains at the foundation, additional services have also been added to the company’s repertoire.
Why use Help-U Debt Counsellors?.
- We are registered with the NCR (National Credit Regulator).
NCR No: NCRDC2076
- We are established in 2007.
- Our owner is a practicing Attorney.
- All payments are recieved by a PDA (Payment Distribution Agency), which is strictly audited by the NCR (National Credit Regulator), therefore the Debt Counsellor is not directly involved in receiving or distributing the employees’ payments.
- All our employees are skilled, professional and fully trained in all processes.
Our company consists of experienced debt counsellors who ensure that applications are handled are effectively with great emphasis being placed on accuracy.
Because of the sensitive nature of the industry and the fact that entire livelihoods are dependent on our work, every precaution is taken to ensure that new applications are handled accurately.
We follow a rigorously analytical procedure when submitting customer information, scrutinizing all of data to ensure that every application is as tough as possible.
The debt counselling wing of the company is divided into 6 (six) easy steps, each fulfilling a vital role in getting applications granted with speed and accuracy.
- Step 1 – Contact us through email, Telephone or Online. For one on one consultations, make an appointment to come and see us or let one of our consultants come to you, in the convenience of your own Home.
- Step 2 – A Consultant will establish if you are over – indebted by doing a free budget assessment based on your income, living expenses and current debt repayments.
- Step 3 – Once the assessment has concluded that you are over – indebted and all relevant documents are signed, all credit providers will be notified of the debt counselling application process. No harassment of legal action can commence by a credit provider after this stage. You are protected.
- Step 4 – Negotiations for lower repayments and the interest rates will be done between our admin staff and credit providers. A new re-organised debt repayment plan will take place.
- Step 5 – Our specialist Attorneys will apply to the magistrate court for the re-organised debt repayment plan to be declared a court order that is legally binding. The Debt counsellor will be the Applicant, so you won’t have to appear in Court.
- Step 6 – All you have to do is pay in your new lower debt repayment once a month on time. Then you and your assets will be completely protected, and you’ll be on your way to becoming rehabilitated back into the credit market.
All fees that are charged are discussed upfront in consultation, no hidden fees are charged.
The fee structure is explained in detail
- Application fee
- Debt Counsellor’s fee
- Legal fee
- Monthly PDA and DC fees
You don’t need to worry about paying for our debt counselling fees, as these will be included in your re-organised Debt Repayment Plan and come out of your new lower monthly payment.
Responsibility of the consumer
- The responsibility of the consumer to make his/her payments regularly is explained.
- The legal ramifications of a default in payments are explained.
We make use of the services of a registered PDA (Payment Distribution Agency) to distribute payments received from consumers to creditors according to the granted Court Order.
We do not receive installments from consumers and it is therefore a trustworthy process, no funds can be missed or stolen.
Once you’ve settled all of your debts, Help-U will issue you with a Clearance Certificate and apply for the debt review court order to rescinded. We will instruct the Credit Bureaus to remove the Debt Review status from your Credit Record. There you have it – DEBT FREE!
Many consumers who had legal action taken against them, especially with Emoluments Attachment Orders being deducted from their salaries, have approached our company in the past requesting assistance.
Seeing that we were unable to assist these consumers through debt counselling, it was decided that the company should expand its services to include debt administration as well.
The ability of administration orders to remove legal action has proven itself a great asset to our clients.
Our administrators are handled entirely separate from debt counselling applications and do not interfere with any of the other departments.
As with debt counselling, the process is explained in detail by the consultant:
1. Communication with creditors
a) Notification of Application for an Administration Order.
2. Legal implication of the Administration Order
a) Credit Bureau listing.
b) Deduction via and Emoluments Attachment Order.
3. Fee Structure
a) Initial fee: (for the Free State Province):
R430-00 or R860-00, depending on the amount of creditors.
b) Legal fee: R850-00
c) Monthly fee: 12% of each installment
4. Responsibility of the consumer
a) Although the consumer does not need to pay the monthly installments over himself, he needs to inform the administration if he becomes unemployed or moves to a different employer.
5. Effect of the administration order on outstanding balances
a) Due to the vastly decreased installments paid through administration, a consumer’s outstanding balances might increase due to interest.
Don't let your employees' debt problems have a negative effect on your workflow, productivity and business.
- The debt is consolidated in a lower, single monthly premium.
- We negotiate with creditors for an extension in the contract term.
- We negotiate with creditors for a reduced interest rate, could even be 0%.
- This process brings stability in the employee’s financial situation.
- Employees can manage their own budget.
- Garnishee orders can be cancelled and/or prevented.
- It reduces the instalments of the creditors and offer the pleasure of paying one instalment monthly, into one account, for all debt, with the added bonus of receiving statements every month to monitor.
- It will also encourage your employees not to lend money in advance on their salaries.
- Administration is a remedy to avoid legal action plus remove and reduce garnishee orders on payslips.
Our 5-Step Plan of Action:
- A 30-minute presentation will be given to your employees regarding our services and the process. This can take place before opening of the business, or any other time that may suit you.
- Each employee gets a free credit report valued of R150-00.
- The report will be discussed in detail individually with each person to identify over-indebtness.
- Financial advice regarding their budget will be provided to the employee by the consultation, free of charge.
- The employee is informed of the following aspects:
• Interest rates
• Action that creditors may take on accounts that are in arrears.
• Their consumer rights are explained to them.
• Should the employee require our service, a full application can be done immediately.
Let our dedicated team help your employees gain control of their finances and enjoy a better quality of life. Contact us today and book your free 30-minute Debt Counselling Staff Presentation.
CANT COME TO OUR OFFICES BUT STILL WANT A PERSONAL CONSULTATION. WE CAN COME TO YOU WITH OUR NEW MOBILE OFFICE.
We currently have three full-time Offices operating in Bloemfontein, Botshabelo, Pretoria and East London and are in the process of establishing Satellite Offices in the Northern Cape, Cape Town, Kwazulu Natal, North West and Gauteng.